Portsmouth New Hampshire Leisure Activities
The Portsmouth and Seacoast area have an abundance of outdoor leisure activities for your enjoyment. The Hampton Inn Portsmouth is conveniently located just off Interstate-95 and can provide complimentary shuttle service to many of the exciting things to see and do in Portsmouth.
Water Country Preferred Hotel
Local beach information
Harbor boat cruises...
"Great all year, perfect in the fall!"
- Wallis Sands State Beach - 8 miles from the Hampton Inn. This beach has changing facilities and snack bar. Family friendly!
- Newcastle Beach - 5 miles from the Hampton Inn. Limited restroom facility - kid and family friendly!
- Longsands Beach - York, Maine. 12 miles from the Hampton Inn - large waves and family friendly!
- Portsmouth Harbor Light - Overlooks the entrance to Portsmouth Harbor
- The Nubble - Cape Neddick Lighthouse - picturesque and accessible
- Whaleback Light - Fifty feet high and situated at the entrance to the harbor in the middle of the Piscataqua River
- Water Country - New England's largest water park
- The Childrens Museum of New Hampshire - LEED Certified museum featuring interactive and educational exhibits
- Strawberry Banke Museum - historic illustrations of four centuries of New England life with working artisans
- Prescott Park - Portsmouth's waterfront park featuring beautiful gardens and art festivals in the summer
- USS Albacore Museum and Park - Built in Portsmouth, the USS Albacore is the prototype for modern submarines and has been converted to a museum
- Lee USA Speedway- NASCAR under the lights!
- Seacoast Science Center- Famous music by the sea - take in concerts in the summer!
- Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom- 2,000 seat ballroom featuring popular acts
- Seacoast Kayak - Located in beautiful Seabrook Beach, New Hampshire and set on the sands of Seabrook/Hampton Harbor
- Cruise Isles of Shoals Steamship Company - Providing guests with something for everyone. Glide past the quaint Olde Port waterfront to the little known but historically crucial legendary Isles of Shoals or cruise inland for a spectacular sunset over the Great Bay Wilderness Area.
Public Golf Courses