Portsmouth Central New Hampshire Area Guide
The New Hampshire Seacoast and Portsmouth is perfect in any season. From the numerous nearby beaches in the summer to the long winding colorful roads dotted with beautiful fall folliage, to the crisp winter scapes, and bountiful flowers during the spring, Portsmouth is your ideal destination year round.
There are many festivals that start in the early spring and last through fall. Boating is always popular as is whale watching and just about any other nautical activity you can imagine. Our area restaurants are second to none when it comes to New England seafood - especially our world famous lobsters!
If shopping is your thing then you've also come to the right place. Known for New England antiques as well as a full array of modern shops the Portsmouth Hampton Inn is your gateway to it all.
Staying at the Hampton Inn Portsnmouth puts you in the middle of all that the New Hampshire Seacoast and Portsmouth has to offer!
Check out Portsmouthnh.com
Local Area Attractions:
- Strawberry Banke Museum - Experience life over a period of four centuries in the oldest Seacoast neighborhood in New Hampshire.
- Albacore Park - Built at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, the U.S.S. Albacore served with the U.S. Navy from 1953 to 1972.
- Fuller Gardens
- Isles of Shoals Steamship Company - Trips to the legendary Isles of Shoals or inland cruises available.
- Seacoast Science Center - hands on exhibits and fun for all ages
- Sandy Point Discovery Center - learning center on eth shores of Great Bay. Lots of summer programs, grounds feature a boardwalk, woodland trail, water access, and much more.
Area Colleges & Universities: